With this homemade almond butter you are certain there is no hidden chemicals or additional sugar! There is only few steps between you and your healthy almond butter.
1. Pour almonds (around 3 cups) into your food processor and pulse/process until the almonds go from whole to coarsely chopped to crumbly to finely ground.
2. Depending on the amount of almonds you use, and the size of your food processor, you’ll notice a change start to happen around the 10-15 minute mark.
* Make sure to keep an eye on your machine so it doesn’t overheat during this process. Give it a break if it seems like it’s working overtime.
* Stop to scrape the sides when necessary
* As the oils are released from the almonds, they’ll start to stick together and form a large mass that moves around the bowl.
* Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.